Saturday, April 25, 2009

In Search of the Perfect Burrito...or is it? "Chipotle"

I have a class project...don't worry about the details, but the assignment has inspired me to search for a good burrito. General assumption says New York has the best pizza, and L.A. has the best Mexican Food, actually I think San Diego has the best Mexican Food, both authentic and Americanized. The least I can do is look for something comparable. This is part 1. The chain restaurant "Chipotle."





The Burrito



The first bite


Intense Concentration


Flavor Analysis




Results:
Ryan = 7 (tries hard but not even close, flavor lacking in authenticity)
Brenda = 7.5 (the rice has too much of a lemony flavor, beans surprisingly good)
Alex = 9 ("You know me I like it all.")

The burrito was good, if you're willing to settle for something average and the add-ins can make it a bit expensive. Chipotle is really just a tiny step above the other fast food chain burritos. Part 2 coming soon.